Boarding Policies & Requirements
Owners must provide proof that their pet has been vaccinated by a veterinarian and is up to date on the following vaccines:
- 1 or 3 year Distemper/Parvo
- 1 or 3 year Rabies
- Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine
All pets over 6 months of age must be spayed or neutered. For safety purposes during group play, we will not accept unaltered pets.
We feed Science Diet Sensitive Stomach food. Owners are welcome to bring their own food in a clearly labeled and re-sealable container.
Medications must be provided in the original packaging. Prescription medication must be in a prescription bottle with a current prescription label from a licensed veterinarian. Medications provided in other packaging or a plastic bag will not be administered.
Toys & Treats
The health, safety and comfort of your pet is our highest priority. For the safety of your pet, we have the following policy regarding leaving toys and treats in the kennels:
- No toys, bones, rawhides, or CET treats are allowed in the kennels. They can be a choking hazard!
- Treats, jerky, and biscuits that are consumed immediately are ok and provided per owner request.
- A stuffed kong is allowed to be left in the kennel during lunch (stuffed with peanut butter or a treat). The kong has to be a minimum of 2″ in diameter.
- We are happy to supply your pet with a stuffed kong for an additional $2 per “chew.”
Owner’s Property & Bedding
The Cabins will not be held responsible for lost or damaged property.
- Personal bedding must be clearly labeled with a permanent marker (no tape)
- To protect owners property, personal bedding will be removed if the dog is chewing on it and replaced with clinic bedding.
- Personal bedding must be washable. If it is not washable, we will not place it in the kennel. It’s important that all boarders have clean, dry bedding in their kennels at all times.
- All bedding will be washed & dried if a water bowl gets spilled on it, or it becomes soiled. While personal bedding is being washed, clinic bedding will be provided. If personal bedding is not clearly labeled, it can easily get lost in the wash.
Picking Up Early
Boarders who are picked up more than 24 hours before the end of their reservation, will be charged for the entire reservation. For example, if you have reserved a kennel from Jan. 1 – 10 and you pick up on Jan. 8 you will still be charged through Jan. 10.
A credit card number is required to hold a reservation of 5 days or more. This card will not be charged unless you cancel your reservation without proper notification. A notice of five business days is required for a boarding cancellation. 50% of scheduled reservation will be due for a late cancellation and 100% of scheduled reservation for boarding no show.
Cancellation and no-show fees are required because when we reserve space for your pet we are turning away other boarders interested in the space. We consistently have a waiting list of people trying to reserve space in our facility. Proper notification for a cancellation gives us enough time to fill the space with another boarder. Additionally, we pay to staff the facility based on scheduled reservations. Cancellation fees will be added to your account and an invoice will be mailed to you. Failure to pay no-show and cancellation fees will result in your account being sent to collections.
Holiday Cancellation Policy (Thanksgiving & Christmas)
We require a 10 day cancellation notice for all reservations in November – December (the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season). Cancellations without proper notification will be charged 50% of the boarding reservation. No shows will be charged 100% of the reservation.