Doggie Day Care
Group play and socialization for your dog during the day.
The trained staff at Aspen Grove can help you make an informed decision about whether you and your dog(s) are prepared for Doggie Day Care and group play/socialization. The health, happiness, and well-being of your pet are our number priority, so we can help you understand your readiness for dog daycare.
Group play and socialization has many benefits for the life and health of your dog. However, when letting your dog play with other dogs minor illness or injury can happen. Please read more about Group Play and our Safety Precautions.
Dog Daycare at The Cabins has many benefits
- It provides socialization, exercise and entertainment for your dog.
- It reduces separation anxiety – theirs and yours!
- It helps eliminate undesirable and destructive behavior at home.
- It helps your dog maintain a tolerant energy level at home.
- It helps build confidence in your dog so they are comfortable in different social settings (i.e. Old Town, street fairs, organized runs, etc.)
- It helps your dog stay mentally alert and socially aware of other dogs.
- It helps build their immune system
- It’s fun!
Doggie Day Care Hours
Owners can drop off and pick their pet up at their convenience. Doggie Day Care hours are Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 6:00 pm. With advance notice, we can accommodate an early drop off or late pick up time that fits with your schedule. A $35 convenience charge will apply.
Getting started with our Fort Collins Doggie Day Care at The Cabins at Aspen Grove is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. Schedule a Personality Assessment
Your dog(s) must pass our personality assessment and brief health exam. Personality Assessments are a minimum of 2-3 hours (9am – 12pm or 1pm – 4pm). We reserve the right to not accept a dog into day care for any reason.
Our assessments are designed to set your dog up for success! All of our Kennel Technicians who perform assessments have completed additional and specific training.
Below is a brief overview of how assessments are performed:
- All other dogs will be cleared from area where the assessment is taking place in order to give your dog a few minutes to sniff around and adjust to their new environment.
- The Kennel Technician will build trust with your dog by moving slowly, speaking softly and using proper body language.
- Once the Kennel Technician has a basic comprehension of your dog’s comfort level, they will slowly introduce one dog at a time taking into consideration the size, temperament, and sex of each dog.
2. Set up a dog daycare schedule
Once your dog has been accepted you have 2 choices for your schedule.
- Daily. You can simply call and reserve a spot when you need day care. Reservations are required and we highly recommend you plan at least a week in advance. (3 days maximum per week)
- Purchase a package. Packages are available to save you money. When you purchase a package you can either use it on an as-needed basis or you can set up a regular weekly schedule. (Cannot share between pets)
3. Set up your automatic payment
We know you are in a hurry to get to work or get home at the end of the day. In a effort to make your drop off and pick up experience as convenient and quick as possible all day care clients may keep a credit card on file for automatic payments and package renewals.
What if my dog “fails” the dog daycare assessment?
At The Cabins, we love all of the different personalities we see in our day care dogs! If your dog is not a good fit our group play day care, we will discuss, in detail, with you why and help you with an alternative plan for socialization and training. There is a Brief Assessment fee.
Get started today! Call us at (970) 416-0232